Broadcasting to social media
Our Virtual add-on (Powered by Eventzilla Joinlive) lets you stream your events in high quality to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Periscope and any other platform if you only provide its streaming URL and stream name or key.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Live Streaming and Broadcasting to Social Media?
The HQ Live Streaming feature useful when you’d like to use additional equipment like professional cameras to stream your event to your meeting / webinar room. On the other hand, Broadcasting to Social Media allows you to broadcast from your meeting / webinar room to social media platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Periscope and other external sources.
Does broadcasting to social media affect what my participants might see?
Broadcasting to Facebook, YouTube and other platforms does not affect participants in the room or room capacity. The look of the room will not change for participants who are already in the room.
Can I use open broadcasting software when broadcasting to social media?
Yes, you can send your RTMP signal to platforms like Open Broadcasting Software or ReStream. To do so, after clicking on the “Broadcast to…” option, select the “Other Platform” option.
Which dimensions and what quality can I use to stream with? Where can I edit these changes?
After logging into your account, open your profile menu in the top right of the screen. From the dropdown menu that appears, select “Streaming Settings”. You can change the following stream settings:
- Dimensions: SD (1024 x 768), HD (1280 x 720), Full HD (1920 x 1080)
- Video Bitrate: 1 Mbps, 1.5 Mbps, 2.5 Mbps
- Frame Rate: 12 fps, 24 fps, 30 fps
How to set up your video stream
To first set up your video stream, open the Share Menu by clicking either the “+” icon, or “Open Share Menu”.
Next, select “Broadcast to Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo”.
On the following screen, select the platform you’d like to broadcast your event to.
All windows have the same basic “anatomy”. Though we are using Vimeo Streaming in this example, the window will look the same for each platform, with the exception of Facebook and YouTube, which have advanced configuration available.
- URL - here you need to provide the selected platform’s streaming URL.
- Stream Name/Key - here you need to provide the platform’s Stream Name/Key.
- Choose streamer layout – select the room layout that will be visible on the platform you stream Manual to.
- “Start streaming” button – click it when you fill out “URL” and “Stream Name” fields to begin your broadcast.
- Read Manual - here you will find step by step instruction how to find the URL and streaming key.
- “Close” button – click it to close this window.
Additional information about broadcasting to your favorite streaming platforms